To help communities recover in stable conditions; to add dignity and meaning to life...
Hope Interactive is a broad based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that has been in existence since 2001. It is popularly known with the acronym (HI) and works
primarily at national level by undertaking grass root community work in the following areas:
- Women and youth empowerment
- Orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) programming
- Management capacity building
- Human rights monitoring,
documentation and reporting
- IDPs welfare monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Integrated youth vocational skill development
- Agricultural and rural development
- Training and capacity building in conflict management
- Training and capacity building in community emergency response
- Educational development
- Conservation of environment
- Designing and improving local health services delivery system
- Preventive and promotive programs on family
health (MCH, RH, malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, SCA etc).
- Early warning and CVE
- Disaster and risk management
The idea of a broad based NGO creates an avenue to work at grassroots with local communities with a view to help them identify
their own needs. The idea also encourages local ownership of projects, mobilize the populace for implementation of projects, raise profiles of community based organizations, and local NGO’s. The facts remains that the needs in various communities
are dynamic, multifaceted, and deep-rooted. So strategic and broad based machinery for building partnership has to be put in place by utilizing expertise to obtain positive results.
HI has two offices: Its head office located in the north-western zone
of Nigeria (Zaria, Kaduna state) and a zonal office in the northeastern zone of Nigeria (Damaturu, Yobe state). Each Zone is headed by an executive director II/zonal coordinator whose responsibility revolves round Zonal command, control and coordination of
other area offices established within the zone.
Our vision amongst others is to promote a healthy, fair and sustainable future for all the people of Nigeria by eradicating poverty and improving the quality
of life through capacity building in various spheres of human development.
Hope interactive is committed to the promotion of innovative approach to positive human development,
and behavior pattern through interaction and exchange of values and ideas.
- To raise the profile of faith based organizations, community based organization, and local NGO’s to be efficient
in grass root education, networking capabilities and building reliable partnership.
- To conduct research and advocacy on the political, economical, social and cultural factors relating to human development.
- Promoting innovative
approaches to community development
- To provide a forum where by community leaders, citizens, politicians and other groups from any part of the world to work together by exchanging ideas, training and interdisciplinary experts meetings on specific
- Tackle the economic disjunction in Nigeria.
- To provide for the exchange of learning experience and idea in development between the public, private and local sectors, through workshops and seminars
All of the aforementioned activities are anchored by one or more departments given the cross cutting nature of some activities. Viable departments at the moment include:
*Public/community Health department.
*Human and Animal
*Agriculture and Environment Department.
*Education & Entrepreneurship Department.
*ICT, Research & Strategy Department.
These departments also house units and subunits
FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS/UNITS
Working to improve the quality of people’s life, through the advancement of environmental protection and conservation. Enhancing development
of natural resources in an equitable rational and ethical way for the benefit of the immediate community.
Agricultural and Rural Development
Working in conjunction with local communities to promote rural economic
development, and also creating avenues for broad based investment in agriculture and developmental practices that increase productivity.
The unit is actively involved in research of various
aspects that includes policy making, fostering community participation, provision of infrastructure and educational materials at all levels. Since teaching is central to education, emphasis will be on establishing ways to use technology to improve curriculum
access and delivery, encouraging interactive learning using creative technologies to explore different academic issues.
Improving the linkages among health and community services is paramount to this unit.
Providing excellent clinical information services through strong community participation, and credible health system. The activities of this unit will include:
- HIV/AIDS campaigns, which also include prevention of mother to child transmission.
- Training of health planners and mangers in rural areas.
- Malaria, tuberculosis, Hepatitis and Sickle cell anemia control programs.
- Health related policy and decision-making
- Training and promotion of emergency, risk and disaster
Orphans and vulnerable children
Promoting the well being of vulnerable children and their families through improved systems and structures of wards and communities. In this vein, we are committed
to the establishment of village savings and loan association (VSLA), kids club, and early childhood care development (ECCD).
Women Development Programme
This unit is autonomous and creates favorable
environment for women to initiate and execute women developmental programme that is worthwhile. It carries out operational research in order to address pressing issues concerning women these issue includes:
- Economic empowerments of women
- Violence against women
- Policies concerning women
- Women skill acquisition development initiative
- Women’s right
- Media advocacy for women
Conflict Resolution, Early
Warning and CVE/PVE
This unit is committed to peaceful resolution of conflicts, through creating an advantageous atmosphere of relief for the distressed, particularly the high risked groups. It is also saddled with the responsibility of sensitization
and formation of early warning mechanism in communities and the fight against the idealogical pathogen called boko-haram and other violent extremist groups through capacity building, strenghtening of community systems and structures necessary to stop the spread
of the metasatatic and rapacious ideological pathogen. HI activities take the form of deradicalization, anti-radicalization, countering violent extremism and preventing violent extremism.
and reporting of human rights violation by state and non-state actors. Also, this department works with IDPs to promote their wellbeing and rights and conducting of advocacy and sensitization to promote and protect human rights.
List of Past Activities/Projects
- HIV/AIDS and drug abuse amongst youths. Training of peer educators to promote campaign; university of Maiduguri Borno state.- 2001
- Awareness campaign on prevention of HIV /AIDS in post primary schools; Yola Adamawa State.- 2002
prevention with Capacity building and vocational skill development amongst women and youths in Gidan-waya, Kaduna state.- 2003
- Capacity Building for Youth in Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Biu, Borno state - 2009 (Partnership with global philanthropy
- Peer education training and mitigation of HIV/AIDS and drug abuse amongst youths in tertiary institutions. – 2009
- Interventions for Orphans and vulnerable children in 9 local governments in Yobe state: (FHI360/USAID project
- Human rights monitoring and reporting in Yobe state, North eastern Nigeria (National Human rights commission/UNDP2014-2015).
- IDP monitoring, documentation and reporting in Yobe state, North eastern Nigeria (National Human rights
commission, NHRC/UNHCR, United Nations high commissioner for refugees 2015).
- Assessment of IDPs in Adamawa and Yobe state (United Nations high commissioner for human rights, UNHCHR project April 2015).